Work ball & makeup consult with MAC

Well., it was my first time going to the MAC counter to get my makeup done., and I LOVED it. Was quite nervous as I went there with absolutely NO makeup on. Plus the fact I don't have the most perfect skin. I am a long sufferer of acne since my teenage years. However I braved the shiny Smith & Caughy building to meet my makeup appointment.


I got to sit right in the corner which was a relief. No one wants to sit right where everyone is walking past and can gork at you while you're having your makeup done. It's more like that when you get your makeup done at the Bobby Brown counter. I have nothing against Bobby Brown, I think their makeup is gorgeous, its just their counter is not as private as the MAC one. (I am speaking only about the Smith & Caughy building on Queen St).


Since my makeup was for a formal evening event I thought I'd go hardout with the makeup. Why the hell not. It was a little more out there than I would have done myself, but the MAC makeup artist did an awesome job. I love the colours she used on me. It was a dark blue, but it was a mineralised eyeshadow which gave off a lovely iridescent appearance. Not sparkly but had a slight shimmer. It's gorgeous. Obviously I took that home with me with the $90 I put down as a deposit.


The foundation that they used on me was really nice too. Very moisturising which is what I love because I suffer from very dry skin even though I get pimples. So it was great. The foundation left my skin feeling dewy and didn't budge either.


I also had fake lashes put on. Which were awesome by the way but were soooo expensive! they were like $45 or something crazy. I probably wouldn't do that if I went again. Just too expensive. They were awesome though.


With the rest of my deposit I also bought the select cover concealer in NW25. I now use this concealer everyday. Its pretty good at concealer my under eye area and also blemishes.


Overall I found the experience to be alot of fun. Its definately worth it if you want to try out some MAC makeup and are not sure where to start or what to buy. I would definately do it if you are going to an event of somesort so that the makeup application is not wasted. Its something I think every girl should have the chance to do at least once!


And here is a pic of me in my outfit! Hope you like.




And here's a pic of the makeup. Please excuse my eyebrows! I forgot to shape them before hand. FAIL. I guess that's something you can learn from me!


Hope this is helpful to someone! :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails