My Favourite lip products (everyday use)

Since I have extremely pigmented lips, I tend to go for lighter shades of pink on the lips to try and neutralise the colour a bit. But I have been liking the look of deeper shades of pink this winter... Not sure why but I do.


Anyway my favourite lip products that I carry around with me most days are:


(1) Lucas Pawpaw Ointment
- use this for any redness, cuts , scrapes and just an all round great lip balm for your lips too! Its a very versatile product and its fairly cheap. I think its about $9 - $12 for the smaller tube at any health store. I have a tub of it at home, and I carry the tube around in my handbag.



(2) M.A.C Lip erase lip balm in Dim
This product is a bit tricky to apply but I do love it. It gets rid of the colour on your lips like a concealer so the true colour of your lip balm or lipstick shows through. Its a lil bit drying though so I have to put the Lucas ointment on before hand and dry it off with a tissue. I bought this from ebay as I don't think you can buy it here in NZ.




(3) Smashbox lipstick in candle
This is a shimmery lipstick which is fairly nude. Its a little bit darker than what I would normally wear but I still like it. And I think its quite nice for winter. I usually use a gloss over this. I bought this from GracieLou here in NZ. She has really cheap branded stuff and she ships super fast. She's one of my favourite makeup suppliers. I really love smashbox packaging, its kind of a soft , matte packaging which is really different from alot of other makeup brands which tend to go for shiny packaging.

Photo from GracieLou.co.nz



(4) M.A.C Lipstick in creamcup (creamsheen finish)
This may just be my most favourite lipstick colour. I also have a few other mac lipsticks, but this one just looks sooo lovely on the lips. Its not too dark, not too light its just soo pretty and especially great as an everyday lipstick. It looks quite dark, but when you put it on, it gives the perfect pink pout :-) I just love it!






(5) Smashbox Lip Enhancing gloss in Cactus Flower
I'm generally a sucker for very pale sheer pink lipglosses but this lipgloss is a little bit more pigmented. Its a very natural looking lipgloss and looks so nice on. Its also great for everyday.



(6) Smashbox Lip Enhancing gloss in Expose
Yes another smashbox lipgloss! I love the smell of this lipgloss, and the smashbox lipglosses are all very good quality. They give a very natural shimmer and aren't sticky which can be annoying with some cheaper lipglosses. I love the colour of this , its kind of a corally peach colour (corally a word? lol ).



(7) Zovirax
I've included this here because this is a must have product in my handbag. I suffer from the occasional coldsore and this has often been a lifesaver. It can stop coldsores all together if I catch it in time, and if not it will make sure that my coldsore doesn't grow to a monstorous size! So I always carry this with me as well. I am yet to try the compede patches, heard they were quite good but they are a bit expensive. But for now I'm working on finishing my zovirax. I've moved onto the pump version now, the tube tends to bend and break over time which is reaaaally annoying.


Anyway hopefully this is helpful or interesting to someone! Till next post xo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, that Mac lipstick in creamcup looks gorgeous.... do you think it might be too pale for winter?

littletiger06 said...

I think it looks a bit light in the picture, but its actually a bit darker in person. I might try and take a better picture and replace this one. Maybe in future posts I will put pictures of myself with the lipstick on (if I'm brave ! haha).

But def check it out next time your visiting MAC. I don't think its too light for winter but its just my opinion :-) thanks for your comment!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails